Saturday 1/20, 1pm - 3pm, Cambridge Common Historic District
On January 20th, 2018, We the People of New England will take to the streets again to show that Women's Rights are Human Rights and Human Rights are Women's Rights. Rain or shine, we welcome everyone to our event, including families and people with disabilities.
(Accessibility information is on our website: https://sites.google.com/site/januarycoalition/accessibility. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about any specific needs.)
STATEMENT OF VALUES:
1) We are a coalition of diverse social justice, human rights, disability rights, women’s rights, and peace organizations that are coming together on the first anniversary of Donald Trump’s inauguration to voice our opposition to an administration that is systematically eroding the rights of women and other marginalized people, dismantling and destroying our democracy, and putting the entire world at risk.
2) We have come together to affirm our common values, and we seek to ensure the rights of all people to liberty, dignity, and equal protection under the law.
3) We are dedicated to the guarantee of these basic human rights for all individuals, regardless of gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, nationality, immigration status, disability, economic status, geographical residence, health status, culture, and political affiliation, not just in the United States but across the planet.
4) We believe that we are strengthened as a society by our diversity, and we are committed to protecting and passing laws that protect and sustain the rights of all people in our multicultural and multiethnic society.
5) We are united to resist the harmful consequences of President Trump's administration on women, other marginalized groups, and the planet itself.
6) We envision this event as an occasion to recognize the resistance efforts undertaken thus far, and to further mobilize our collective energies for the year ahead.
Posted by Dee T.