Sunday 9/16, 2pm - 6pm, Highland Ave. between School St. and Lowell St.
Join the City of Somerville & Somerville Arts Council for Strike up the Bands, the September installment of the City’s SomerStreets festival, on Sunday, September 16th, from 2pm to 6pm on Highland Ave. between School St. and Lowell St. This event is FREE & open to the public!
Activities along Highland Ave. will include:
• Live music on two stages featuring queer and female artists:
ONCE Somerville stage featuring:
2:30 pm – Awaaz Do
3:45 pm – Lockette
5:00 pm – sister
Armory stage featuring:
2:15pm – Kaiti Jones
3:30pm – Paper Citizen
4:45pm – Cathartic Conundrum
• Vintage and artisan market by The Somerville Flea
• ONCE Somerville beer garden and local rock photo show
• Cuban sandwiches (meat and veggie) from Cuisine en Locale at ONCE Somerville
• Aerial performances by Esh Circus Arts
• Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
• Learn to walk on stilts with Open Air Circus
• Hockey, football, and other games with Somerville Recreation
• Bouncy house
• Games with BuzzRoar Interactive
• Face painting
• Safe solar viewing and astronomy activities
• Martial arts performance and demonstration class with Villari's Martial Arts Center of Somerville, MA
• Explore a fire truck and ambulance
• Stop by 7ate9 Bakery for some delicious cheesecake!
• Sausage pop-up at M.F. Dulock
• Community vendors & local businesses
Posted by Dee T.