Better Marriages > Married and alone
According to Psychology Today, 20% of the general population suffers from chronic loneliness, and in a recent study of older adults, 62.5% of people who reported being lonely were married and living with their partner.
Few words spoken, sitting on opposite ends of room,....nothing positive or complimenting. Full of silence, and negative tension. Total strangers living in the same house. Total strangers after almost 20 yrs of being together.
On the outside looking in, perfection fully exists. Some are even very envious. The perfect family, home, and life style. Full of integrity, morals, love, and goodness.
Yet..the feeling of emptiness, longing, and want- aches within. Read more.
Solutions [ Books | Articles | Activities ]
Books for "Married and alone"
Alone in Marriage: Encouragement for the Times When It's All Up to You
By Susie LarsonReview
1) This book is excellent and full of truths that will help any woman struggling during a difficult season of marriage. The author, Susie Larson, addresses some of the toughest paths women cross--our anger, our worries, our fears, lies that we believe--and redirects our focus upward to gain God's perspective and claim the incredible love God has fo... more
Married...But Lonely: Stop Merely Existing. Start Living Intimately
By David E. ClarkeReview
1) We've started implementing the steps and already see the difference in our relationship. I think a big thing that most people don't give enough consideration to is all the hurts that we bring to our relationships and how they affect how we interact with our spouses, whether we realize it or not. This is huge! Dr. Clarke gives excellent advice on... more
Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
By Sue JohnsonReview
1) My wife and I used to fight like cats and dogs (and she is born in the Year of the Dog). At one long drawn out stage, it seemed an unspoken understanding between us that this was the nature of our relationship and we were resigned to it - some highs and many unsettling lows....
Hold Me Tight illuminates for me more clearly how changing myself... more
The Emotionally Unavailable Man
By Patti HenryReview
1) This is the first self-help book I have ever read that hit right on the money. It is the first book that accurately describes how I feel as a man in this society and has helpful, doable suggestions for healing. It has, literally, saved my marriage. I highly recommend it.
2) This book was a revelation ... finally I understand why my husband be... more
Activities for "Married and alone"
Articles for "Married and alone"
Websites for "Married and alone"